Tuesday, September 8, 2009

09/06-07/09 - My life as a working Sommelier

Sunday/Monday on a Labor day weekend. Although the restaurant was slammed busy, it never felt overmuch for me. Take into consideration I was in a *tiny* section with a trainee who was taking all the tables. Sadly, I wasn't called upon to do much more than run food for other servers. Sold some juice both nights, made some minor additions to the contest. Beaux Freres Pinot hit hard on Monday- 3 bottles of the WV 06. Some Illahe and Capitello on Sunday, along with some rose of Pinot from Elk Cove and our last bottle of Beringer Private Reserve Chard.
Keeping it super brief, and I feel guilty about it.
I should wax poetical about the '06 Ferrari Carano Sienna we opened up last night. I won't thought- I'll merely say that it's young and tight, and oh so good. We stuffed a couple of NY strip steaks with about 1/2 a pound of blue cheese, seared them off and broiled them to med-rare. yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment