Friday, August 14, 2009

Beginnings

I find beginnings to be a hugely interesting concept, considering myself a novice philosopher of sorts. Looking closely (microscopically closely) at things, we find the basic atoms, always there. So to "create" something that already exists at some level? This also explains my fascination with wine- to bring about such a device that so expertly expresses emotions through senses from so base a material!

So here is the "beginning" of my next venture- as a Personal Sommelier and Wine Consultant. Naturally, this has been brought about from many base atoms- elements that have existed for a long time before I began to gather them hither.

Transitions- now perhaps that is a more apt term. My website is under construction (EARLY construction; domain name? pending...), and so this blog, too, will transition into the new website.

And Evolutions? Well, Wine Wednesday in the Pearl falls into this category- a launchpad. Two days ago was the inaugural event, with nearly 25 people crowding into the lobby at Asa when the rain kept us from the 16th floor patio. We had between 15 and 20 show up at Vino Paradiso for happy hour. I'm excited to see how this can grow; I look forward to partnering with more restaurants and wine shops in the Pearl to make this a whole community event.

I'm off to work at the restaurant now. I really enjoy my work there, and I plan on continuing there as this new phase of my life "begins/transitions/evolves."

No comments:

Post a Comment