Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wine Wednesday - Ahh a day off!

I've mentioned before that I have an odd work week. I do it to myself most of the time. I usually work six nights a week at the restaurant (not to mention the extra hours I put in researching and networking). Wednesday! Joyous Wine Wednesday! It's my day off- and I take advantage of it.

My girlfriend and I work in different industries, and although she tries hard to stay up when I get home, we simply don't have that much time together during my work week. Wednesdays! Date time!

Had a great day off yesterday. Started the day with a tour of the Historic Benson Hotel in downtown PDX. Every President since 1912 has stayed there in some capacity or another. Great tour, lots of history. Plus, scored a gift certificate for dinner at the London Grill (future Wednesday date!). We've eaten at the London Grill before, and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Went on to a late lunch at 10-01. That is one *serious* wine list, and I'd like to take a moment to give MAD props to Erika for putting it together. The list is so well organized, I'm really floundering for words to praise it enough.
We had a half bottle of Lange Reserve Pinot 06 with lunch. I think it might need some time in bottle still...

A little afternoon siesta/nap, and we headed out to have some dinner via happy hour at Bar Due at Fratelli. "Sangiovese" was all the bartender told me about the red. :)

I'm getting ready to head into the restaurant, it's time to get back to the grind. I've got banquets tonight and tomorrow, and I plan on rocking some magnums. Something about the big bottles...

No comments:

Post a Comment